I turned 40 last week on Wednesday. On Saturday my friends threw me a fantastic tribute of a party. Awesomeness:
- Maile, Libby, Sam, Patrick and others conspired to make many super, secret touches
- Patrick and Kelly flew in from Syracuse
- Kat flew in from San Diego
- Mom flew in from DC
- 40′ slip n slide (with nonstop kid use)
- retro jFro graphic, and on pins and coozies nonetheless!
- tribute covers and requests featuring
- Derek’s cover of Mystical Experience #115
- Lib’s singalong to What The Day Had To Say (and human music stand for I Have Arrived)
- P’s poem (from jremix)
- Jody’s cover of God Has Been Good To Me
- Chris’s guitar and All Blues
- Los on drums
- Mo’s cover of For Your Lover and requested J or Jesus and Molecule
- Tbone on fiddle
- and Aiden on keys and maracas
- Amy’s old pics of younger j, the Shiner crew, (not to mention the keg and assorted beer)
- so many friends!!!
Here are a bunch of pics from Kat’s iPhone.